Arthur Klebanoff is a co-founder and CEO of RosettaBooks, a leading independent e-book publisher.
RosettaBooks launched in 2001 with a list of 100 preeminent backlist titles.
Since then, RosettaBooks has led in every emerging ebook promotion:
- Palm bestsellers including the first free ebook sold together with a device (“Palm for the Graduate” including an ebook copy of The Graduate)
- Adobe time-limited ebooks (using Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None)
- Microsoft eReader free upgrades (led by Red Alert, the basis of Dr. Strangelove)
- The first ebooks distributed on an airplane
- The first library demonstration of a subscription offer with unlimited downloads and limited time use
- The first demonstration “tying” a high quality audio book with the text of an ebook (Michael York’s recording of 1984)
- Many more.
RosettaBooks pioneered in protecting authors’ rights by successfully defending a litigation filed by Random House.
Everything changed with the launch of the Kindle in 2009. RosettaBooks was invited to become a Kindle alliance partner focused on backlist title acquisition with extensive site promotion for titles with short-term Kindle exclusivity.
This alliance made worldwide news in December 2009 with the publication of
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey, a book which has sold 15,000,000 copies since
publication nearly 25 years ago and sells more than 150,000 copies annually in the United States alone.
For nearly two years, the title has been the number one exclusive title available in the Kindle Store.
RosettaBooks expanded its original 100 title list to more than 500 titles by the end of 2011
and its revenues more than forty times as Kindle opened the markets worldwide.
In 2011, RosettaBooks pioneered the short inexpensive original ebook with:
RosettaBooks is now the leading independent e-book publisher. RosettaBooks plans in 2012 to publish hundreds more quality backlist titles and to launch new high brand value original content lines with hundreds of titles.
Why should you publish with RosettaBooks?
- Results: RosettaBooks pays out over $1,000,000 annually to rightsholders
- Promotion: RosettaBooks implements over 100 promotions annually on the major e-tailer sites with excellent public relations support
- Reach: RosettaBooks distributes internationally through all major e-tailers
- Scope: RosettaBooks licenses the entire line of successful authors
- Terms: RosettaBooks pays the highest standard royalty
(50% of net receipts to 2,500 copies and 60% of net receipts thereafter)
for the shortest term of license (five years) for the narrowest grant of rights (enhanced rights withheld)
- Collaboration: RosettaBooks for more than ten years has been a pro-author, pro-agent e-book publisher
If you have a project to offer RosettaBooks, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.